___________________________________________________________________


dream home: East Hampton

A girl can always dream (when it comes to houses, trust me - I dream!) and every once in a while, I find something that really speaks out to me. 

One of my favorite pastimes is to peruse the web and my design magazines.  If I have a lucky day, I run across a home that just seems too good to be true and I end up 'storing" it away in my little black book of references for future work in clients' homes or in my own.

This is one such home:
(I promise I will share more!)



Resting on 1.2 acres on the coveted Highway Behind the Pond, this turn of the century East Hampton estate is just a short walk from the beach and has views of Hook Pond and the Maidstone Club.


Formerly the home of Britain’s Secretary of State for Northern Ireland, the home’s Georgian-style architecture has been beautifully preserved and the interiors are newly renovated.
Fine millwork details, wide-plank wood floors and a clean, modern feel is evident throughout the six bedrooms, seven bathrooms, gourmet kitchen, master wing and guest cottage.
The eat-in kitchen is outfitted with gleaming Viking appliances and a spacious island with a wine fridge tucked underneath.


The master suite requires its own wing and comprises a fireplace (one of four in the home), private office, spa bath, powder room, pond-view balcony and gym.

Outside these lavish walls you’ll find lush, rolling greens, a pool area and outdoor living room appointed with pillowy white couches, a fireplace, dining area and barbecue grill.
With options such as these, deciding whether to spend the evening indoors or alfresco could be quite the task.