___________________________________________________________________


answering vogue’s 73 unexpected questions


Welcome to All in the Detail... I am so glad you are here!




You know how Vogue asks celebs to answer 73 questions? Well, I love reading easy, quick Q&As like that, especially when it involves a celebrity. I feel like it reveals so much about a person, because it seems to be void of deep thought and PR preparation. Maybe I’m just a little naïve but I think they answer the questions right off the top of their head, and I like that.


So here are my answers, right off the top of my head (ha, just like a celebrity!):

1. What’s your favorite movie? Field of Dreams.


2. Favorite movie in the past five years? I can't pick just one.

3. Favorite Hitchcock film? Rear Window.


4. A book you plan on reading? Don’t have one.

5. A book that you read in school that positively shaped you? Next please.

6. Favorite TV show that’s currently on? CBS News Sunday Morning.


7. On a scale of one to ten, how excited are you about life right now? 4.

8. iPhone or Android? iPhone.

9. Twitter or Instagram? Neither.

10. Who should EVERYONE be following right now? No idea.

11. What’s your favorite food? Sushi... Sushi... Sushi!

12. Least favorite food? Indian.


13. What do you love on your pizza? Anything but anchovies and green peppers, but yeah I can pick around the peppers. (these two are my all time favorites!)


14. Favorite drink? Dirty, bruised Ketel One martini, three bleu cheese-stuffed olives.

15. Favorite dessert? Crème Brulee.


16. Dark chocolate or milk chocolate? Milk chocolate (but both if it's from Dinstuhl's).


17. Coffee or tea? Coffeeeeeeeeeeeee.

18. What’s the hardest part about being a mum? Letting go.

19. What’s your favorite band? Journey.


20. Favorite solo artist? Adele.


21. Favorite song? I can’t pick just one.

22. If you could sing a duet with anyone, who would it be? Arrgghhh. I can’t even carry a tune in a bucket!

23. If you could master one instrument, what would it be? Piano.

24. If you had a tattoo, where would it be? No thank you.

25. To be or not to be? That is the question.

26. Dogs or cats? If I really have to pick, Dogs.

27. Bird-watching or whale-watching? Bird-watching.

28. Best gift you’ve ever received? Wow, that’s hard, do my children count?

29. Best gift you’ve ever given? I guess you’d need to ask the recipients.

30. Last gift you gave a friend? Two pairs of slacks.

31. What’s your favorite board game? Backgammon.

32. What’s your favorite country to visit? England.

33. What’s the last country you visited? Canada.

34. What country do you wish to visit? Greece, Santorini specifically.


35. What’s your favorite color? In clothes, Black; In Decor, Beige.

36. Least favorite color? Green.

37. Diamonds or pearls? BOTH.

38. Heels or flats? BOTH.

39. Pilates or yoga? NEITHER.

40. Jogging or swimming? Swimming.

41. Best way to de-stress? Classical music (Vivaldi is my favorite).


42. If you had one superpower, what would it be? The ability to fly.

43. What’s the weirdest word in the English language? I have no idea.

44. What’s your favorite flower? White Tulips (Second Place- Peonies).


45. When was the last time you cried? Two days ago.

46. Do you like your handwriting? Sure.

47. Do you bake? Nope.

48. What is your least favorite thing about yourself? I rarely forgive people who have hurt me.

49. What is your most favorite thing about yourself? I am very detail-oriented.

50. Who do you miss most? My family when we are apart.

51. What are you listening to right now? The AC is running.

52. Favorite smell? Lavender.


53. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone? Holly at the bank.

54. Who was the last person you sent a text to? One of our tenants.

55. A sport you wish you could play? Golf.

56. Hair color? Brown.

57. Eye color? Blue.

58. Scary film or happy endings? HAPPY ENDINGS!

59. Favorite season? Fall.

60. Three people alive or dead that you would like to have dinner with? Jesus Christ, George Clooney, Grace Kelly.

61. Hugs or kisses? Hugs.

62. Rolling Stones or The Beatles? The Beatles.


63. Where were you born? West Virginia.

64. What is the farthest you have been from home? Far East.

65. Sweet or savory? Savory.

66. Lipstick or lip gloss? Lip Gloss.

67. What book have you read again and again? Many Lives, Many Masters by Brian L. Weiss, M.D.


68. Favorite bedtime story? Tim asks me every night when we get in bed, "Have I told you I love you today?" How could anything beat that?

69. What would be the title of your autobiography? Jalon Burton, It’s All in the Detail.

70. Favorite sound? Rain.

71. Favorite animal? Dalmatian.


72. Who is your girl crush? Kate Middleton.

73. Last photograph you took? A bucket of beer at a pizza restaurant.