___________________________________________________________________


All in the Detail: 500th post

                                                               
 
500th
Starting with Post Number One in October 2011, All in the Detail has now published its 500th post – the one you're reading right now. It's a big milestone for this tiny blog. I've written about everything from Painting your Floors to Taking Care of Your Pets.

Believe me, there is no one more surprised than me that I reached this milestone. I started this tiny little blog over 2 years ago simply to jot down a few random thoughts and ideas about design and to share some of my professional shortcuts and tips. At the time, I was in hopes that this might benefit someone else out here in the Internet World, too. 

There were really no plans, no goals, and quite honestly, not much of a chance that it would last longer than the end of 2011. Well, proverbial time flew by fast and somehow (thankfully) I ended up here - at 500. 
500 posts
As I started writing this post, I pondered what I would share that I haven’t shared before… and this is what I concluded; I love to writeFor me, I think of my writing as my babies. They give to me; I give to them; I love them; and when it is all said and done… in the end, they are published and we part our ways benefiting from each other but, it’s OK. They are now out there for others to enjoy and hopefully benefit by all I have given.

I put a lot of myself into each post and then, afterward, I rarely revisit them except when somebody comments or points out a typo that needs to be corrected. (Which I truly appreciate)

Only one thing really bugs me about blogging - when someone looks like they are making a ‘real’ comment about my hard work on a post, but it is only an advertisement or SPAM for their web site. But I appreciate real comments and am always willing to reply if you have a question.

At this point, my blog’s average monthly pages views hovers around 15000, which I think is pretty good considering it’s just me, myself and I... no researchers, no editors, no assistants... all me. (By the way, that goes for most of us bloggers... hats off to all of us!) The all-time most viewed post is Designing with a Flat Screen Television (@64000 views on my blog and 8600 views on my YouTube Channel- Who knew Flat Screen Television information would be so popular? But these do offer tons of great advice on a very confusing topic in a very short time.), and the second one is Choose the Correct Chandelier Size (@15000 views - sorry, no YouTube video as of yet). 
numero-cinquecento-number-500
Any-who, I am quite pleased to have so many followers as well as so many visitors. I hope that everyone finds my information useful and that at least one post has inspired each of you to try something new.

In any case:  
I would like to know which post(s) is your favorite? 
Which one brought you here for the first time through a web search, another blog’s referral link or from my YouTube or Facebook page?
Which post(s) kept you around?  
Which one(s) do you always tell friends they have to read?

Of course, with 500 posts published on All in the Detail, there are obviously going to be a stinker or two. There might be some that are irrelevant to you, some that might have more than a few typos and some that after I wrote, I changed my thoughts, knowledge or technique on the subject matter.

But that’s what I love about my blogging – the wonderful variety of topics specifically focused around design that I have been able to write until reaching Number 500 today.

top-10-benefits-of-computer-network-support
Now, to help you discover or rediscover my posts and their topics, here are the Top 10 Most Popular Posts of All Time:











And to mark this monumental occasion (I mean come on, it's 500), I want to ask you for a favor:

favorites
Pick any post from All in the Detail – whether it’s one listed above or another and share it on your Twitter account, your Facebook page, or wherever you socially connect with friends. And when you share it, please add #allinthedetail500 and a link back to my blog (http://www.jalonburton.blogspot.com)

Now's a great time to share my blog and its variety of topics from the archives of All in the Detail while introducing the site to others who may find your favorite post just as entertaining, as informative, or as useful.

Thanks in advance for your help!
heart-thank-you-card

Now, I can’t end this post without a huge THANK YOU to you, my readers… because without you, I would never have stuck around this long. You are the best support system any writer could ever have.

So, I raise a glass to you and to the next 500 posts, whatever their topics may be!

Cheers!


champagneglasses