Christmas is just around the corner... and what would be the perfect gift for the man who has everything (or at least deserves it)? …design a
for his own private retreat! Man Cave
1. Take some time to walk through the space you want to designate as The Man Cave and visualize what you want it to look like. Be realistic in your assessment of the space and function.
2. Whether it’s a pool table, a jukebox, a special picture or a valued piece of sports paraphernalia, pick an object that you like and make it your inspiration in choosing the overall look and color of the
. Man Cave
3. Measure the space (length, width, AND height) and transfer these measurements onto a piece of graph paper using a set scale. Use it to plan the
in detail. The more details you work out on paper, the easier the task of
building it will be. Man Cave
4. If the
requires construction, make a list
of all the materials you will need to accomplish the build. If you’re working
with a budget, make sure to leave yourself a 10-15% allowance for miscellaneous
or unforeseen costs. Trust me, there will be some! Man Cave
5. Make a list of all the tools you will need. Whatever you don’t have you can either borrow from friends and family or rent from your local home improvement store.
6. If your build requires plumbing, electrical or HVAC work, contact licensed professionals for their input or services. Don’t tackle something if you’re not comfortable with it. If you hire a contractor, get a signed quote from that contractor for the work to be done.