___________________________________________________________________


tag ~ i'm it!

Welcome to All in the Detail... I am so glad you are here! 

I've been tagged by Pam @ Simple Details in a fun little Q&A game spreading through the blogosphere. I answer 11 questions that Pam came up with, tag 11 bloggers with 11 questions I come up with, and so on... and so on.


Here goes....


1. What would be the career of your dreams? – When I was a little girl, I took personal art classes (I think my parents saw a hidden talent somewhere along the way) and I would continually draw cityscapes and residential structures – odd for an elementary school child, right? I just knew one day I was going to be an architect… then I found out I suck at Mathematics! So, next step in the Dream Career Choice: Interior Designer.  I love what I do and wouldn’t change it for all the money in the world.
blueprints


2. I would eat Top Ramen noodles for a month in order to save up for ___________! Or, I wouldn't eat Top Ramen for anything! Ok, this is just bizarre that you would even ask this question (especially now) I LOVE Ramen Noodles Soup Shrimp or Oriental Flavor and have quite a few packets in my pantry at the moment.  This is my stand-by… when I get home in the evening and am just TOO tired to cook, I spend 5 minutes boiling water and then… enjoy my labor of love! Sometimes, I add shrimp, and peas, carrots, celery or whatever happens to be in the vegetable bin at the time.  So – to answer your question: I would eat Ramen Noodles for a month in order to save up for ANYTHING!
ramien noodles


3. Which would you choose for a date with your husband: Candlelight dinner at a nice restaurant or day of hiking in the mountains? Piece of cake on this one: Candlelight Dinner at a nice restaurant. My idea of roughing it is “Sorry, Ma’am, The Ritz Carlton Hotel Room Service is Closed for the Evening.”
CandleLightDinner

4. In which sport or athletic activity would you most like to participate? Ha! Is Wine Tasting a Sport?  I am the klutz of all klutz… I can trip and fall just walking, so trust me… you wouldn’t pick me for your team… in anything (except maybe wine tasting!)
winetasting

5. What do you wish you were more knowledgeable about? Politics. The rules keep changing, and my head keeps spinning. When I was in college, I took a couple government classes and really enjoyed them! They were even 8AM classes and I am NOT a morning person.
republican democrat

6. Pretend one of your online blogging friends is coming to visit for the weekend, what one thing would you do to your home before she arrived? Clean it. I am OCD (actually CDO – that’s OCD but I put the letters in the correct order!), so my house is extremely organized…  picked up… neat… but, I am not much of a duster, sweeper, window washer, etc.   I would definitely have to get the housekeeper over to clean the house before my blogging friend arrived.
cleaning house

7. What kind of driver are you (speed demon, rule follower, tickets, fender benders, easy going)? I think that I am overall a good driver, (don’t ask my kids this one though… I am sure they would disagree.)  When I was young – definitely Speed Demon – too many tickets to count. Now, some days, I seem to be a little more distracted than usual and may be ‘over a curb’ or such… but in the scope of things, I think that’s ok, right?  My boyfriend says I do have one really bad fault when it comes to my car (again, I blame this on being a little more distracted than usual) …
empty gas tank



8. It's hard for me to_____________. …be confrontational.  And I HATE this too, it takes a lot for me to get to the breaking point, but when I do – watch out!
non-confrontationa
9.  What are your nicknames? Oh, great question!  I have a few: My family nicknames are TJ & JJ. My girlfriend has started calling me Skittles – don’t know why (I don’t eat candy) but she thinks it’s funny.  My boyfriend calls me ‘Angel’ – I like it. :)

10. What is your best quality? This one is hard for me. I am my own worse critic.  I never really see the good in who I am or what I do… sad, huh? Sad just typing the words.  OK - Best Quality?  I am very social  (I consider that a positive quality - some may not), I get along with most anyone (back to #8, I guess)



11.  What is your best piece of advice for raising children? You are their parent first, set the rules and stick to them. Children need boundaries as they grow up. You can be their friend later - when they are older’
advice
Thanks for including me in the fun, Pam!


Rules of the Game
**You must post the rules
**Answer the 11 questions that the tagger posted for you; then create 11 questions to ask the people you've tagged
**Tag 11 people and link them in your post
**Let them know you have tagged them


Here are the 11 Bloggers I’m Tagging:
  1. Tina @ The Enchanted Home
  2. Teresa @ Splendid Sass
  3. Liz @ Sequins and Stripes
  4. Courtney @ French Country Cottage
  5. Tobe @ Because It’s Awesome
  6. Stuart @ What Wilson Wants
  7. Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality
  8. Sue @ The Zhush
  9. Sarah @ The Yellow Cape Cod
  10. Desiree @ Chic Coastal Living
  11. Melissa, Cassandra, Leslie, and Wendy @ Chic Coles
Here are their 11 Questions:
  1. Do you have any siblings? If so, where are you in the family lineup?
  2. How many people would you consider to be your best friend?
  3. If you could have a Dream Home anywhere in the world, where would it be located?
  4. Do you speak more than one language?
  5. What is your ideal vacation?
  6. What is your favorite ‘comfort food’?
  7. Is there something about yourself that you would like to change?
  8. What television show are you totally addicted to at this time?
  9. Do you have any little furry family members?
  10. What type of car do you drive?
  11. Have you ever won a contest?
Thanks for playing along everyone!