___________________________________________________________________


“tag and i’m it!” - round 2

Welcome to All in the Detail... I am so glad you are here! 


Here’s the scoop.... 
Tina from The Enchanted Home "tagged me". The reason I have Round 2 in the title is because I was also tagged by Pam @ Simple Details earlier - different  questions, additional fun. And because this game is so much fun, I have accepted Round 2 from Tina! 

The idea here is that a blogger "tags" another blogger and gives them 11 questions to answer in a post, then that blogger "tags" another 11 bloggers, and comes up with their own 11 questions and so on. 

Tina, thank you for including me in this great merry-go-round of a game and as you said, I now have an excuse to sit and relax and ponder these fantastic questions!

1. Do you have a hobby? Tell me about it, if not tell me a hobby you wish you had! I wish I had a hobby: collecting something really cool – nah, probably not - I am a minimalist; golfing, swimming, skiing…. actually, I do a lot of these things but not on a regular-enough basis to qualify it as a ‘hobby’. I have so many irons in the fire with our companies that I don’t really make time for myself – WAIT, I blog! Is that a hobby? It’s time for myself and I enjoy it! Can I make that my hobby?

224546731390647168_KrbzV8Lb_c

2. What's worse, failing at something or never trying to begin with? Life has taught me that lesson all too well (some may say I haven’t learned it yet) I believe that it’s worse to never try than to try and fail... looking back on something and saying, “I tried” is so much more satisfying than looking back on something and saying, “ What if I had tried…” And to quote from a poem written by Alfred Lord Tennyson, 'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.'

3. Would you rather be a great cook or a great designer? I honestly don’t think I can choose that one. I love to do both…. Can I pick what’s behind Door #3?

lets-make-a-deal-doors

4. If you could only have two rooms in your house which would they be?  Does the bathroom count as one?  Maybe I could ‘add’ a bathroom area to one of the two rooms? If so… First room: I am a sleeper! Hours, on hours, on hours… and sleeping in my bed in my bedroom is just not the same as sleeping on my sofa in the living room, so it would have to be BEDROOM. Second room: I love to cook (see Question #3 above) My family time (the most precious time ever – see Questions #10) revolves around meal time… long meals and enjoyable conversations with those I love, so it would have to be KITCHEN. Oh no… wait… long meals with my family and friends… now I need a dining room. Could I ‘add’ a dining area to the kitchen?

love my bed

5. Tell me which 2 famous people you would choose to have dinner with (dead or alive) This is a tough one… no one person jumps right out at me at the moment.
I know I would enjoy sitting down and talking to Princess Diana. What a strong, wonderful woman. I admire her for fighting her insecurities and her adversaries to become the person she was: a loving mother, a successful philanthropist and worldwide role model.

NPG P717(16), Diana, Princess of Wales with her sons
The second person would have to be someone who makes me laugh. I enjoy spending time with someone who is witty… I always tell my boyfriend, “the way to a man’s heart may be through his stomach, but the way to a woman’s heart is to make her laugh!”
Oh, I know – George Clooney… I hear he is a “character” AND he ain’t too bad to look at for an evening! – just killed two birds with one stone there. BONUS: He’s a successful philanthropist too so what a wonderful conversation the three of us could have together!
george-clooney_2171_1


6. What are four descriptive words that describe you well? It is really uncomfortable for me to describe myself, this is probably the most difficult question anyone could ask me (beside What’s your best quality? Whew – dodged that bullet, thanks Tina!) OK, I pride myself on being a hard-worker, an honest person, a loving mother and girlfriend, and a loyal friend…

7. Best book or two that you read in the last year? I have a stack a mile high by my bed waiting for that ‘me-time’… one day. I just re-read Heaven is for Real by Todd Burpo and Lynn Vincent. Amazing… This book found me at the perfect time in my life and has helped me through so much these past couple years. I highly recommend it.

hifrCover

8. What do you miss most about being a kid? My parents. They are both gone now and I would love to still have them in my life.

9. If you had a freaky Friday experience and had to trade places with one person for one day, who would it be? Why that person?Someone with a beautiful singing voice. I wish I was able to belt out a song; unfortunately, I can barely carry a tune in a bucket. If I could SING for one day – I promise you, I would be hoarse by the end of the day! 

1151516018HJqgRx

10. Describe a perfect day for you from morning till evening.....That’s an easy one: it would be spent with my children. They both live out of state, luckily they live together so they have each other close. My daughter is in graduate school and my son is in undergraduate school. I miss them both terribly and do not feel 100% without them.

199373_760598642326_26519307_38789279_377856_n

11. A place in the world you have never been that you would love to go... Greece. My dream vacation is to rent a yacht and sail the Greek Isles. There would be just enough sleeping room for a few of my closest friends to enjoy the moment. The yacht would be equipped with a captain and a wonderful 5-star chef… all that would be required of us is - to sun, to drink, to swim… to swim, to drink, to sun… and so on... and so on...

Border_Corfu_10-05-10_0066


Rules of the Game
**You must post the rules
**Answer the 11 questions that the tagger posted for you; then create 11 questions to ask the people you've tagged
**Tag 11 people and link them in your post
**Let them know you have tagged them and they should acknowledge that they have been notified.

Thanks Tina, and to all these unsuspecting bloggers. :) Enjoy, its a fun exercise and lets keep this going. It’s always great fun to get to know a little more about your fellow bloggers!

Here are the 11 Bloggers I’m Tagging:



Even if you weren't tag - you can have some fun and play along. Answer these questions too!

Here are their 11 Questions:
1. What is your favorite place in the whole world? Why?
2. Would you prefer to eat in or eat out?
3. Which would you choose: a good book or a good movie?
4. What is your favorite thing about your home?
5. What characteristic to you look for most in a true friend?
6. Tell me something about yourself that you don’t think anyone else knows.
7. What would you like to change about yourself?
8. What is the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?
9. Do you have one all time favorite item in your home?
10. What is your dream vacation?
11. How would you describe your décor style?