___________________________________________________________________


step in through the garden gate

Welcome to All in the Detail... I am so glad you are here



169448004699427618sxFVojB7c
If you know anything about me… you know I am not a gardener (no green thumb here); I am not even a ‘plant friendly’ person. I have been known to kill a silk plant or two in my lifetime, but I am the first to step up and shout ‘BRAVO’ to those who can and to those who do meet the challenge! I envy them and their beautifully landscaped plants, yards and gardens.

I love to see manicured yards which requires so much time, patience and TLC. I run to take a seat in a tranquil, utopian garden and I will take my time relaxing and soaking up nature’s beauty.

Now, I don’t have a floral garden… my ‘garden’ consists of a courtyard with stepping stones, river rock, a water fountain, a fire pit, multi-level decking and an in-ground pool (i.e. there basically no landscaping maintenance) These features are not by choice but by pure necessity because trust me, I would kill anything alive. So why try, right?


o-GARDEN-GATES-facebook
Now, if you do have a green thumb (or, like me, appreciate the beauty of it), nothing says “Please enter and enjoy my special utopia”  like a stylish garden gate at the entrance. I think that a beautiful gate complimenting a beautiful garden is the perfect marriage between architecture and landscaping.
6214608628_c124e2ae68_z
Suggestions for an Inviting Garden Gate
(Bet you are asking yourself right about now, who am I to give suggestions on gardening? Answer: Not gardening, just the gates!)

It's tough to get more romantic than a white arbor, a picket fence, and climbing roses. This combination is perfect for just about any informal landscape.
RobinRipleysGardenGate_thumb1
A simple wire or iron gate, decorated with roses, can create an entrance that offers a clear barrier without obstructing the view.
SIP929425.jpg.rendition.largest017-GertrudeJekyllandtheCountryHouse
What could be more inviting than a flower-filled entrance to your landscape?
42411c6cc18d77a856a2ee154fcf1777611059-bigthumbnailGarden gate in Sussex, Charlene OdomGates-ArchitectureArtDesigns-19
Take advantage of old limbs to create a charming, rustic entrance.
Rustic-gate-White-GardengateDSCN9172
A pattern can come alive when repeated on the fence, the gate, and even the front door.
vegetable-garden-gate-0511-bynon01-de
SIP911970.jpg.rendition.largest
garden-gate-posting-3
A charming gate can add a touch of whimsy to a garden.
Gates-ArchitectureArtDesigns-9
Gates-ArchitectureArtDesigns-12
d0bed60879a6be95d968022a06f56be7
DSCN2181
It's natural to look inside a gate - especially if it's partially opened.
a55457_f5c95915426a6672d5857a4f89db9927
beautiful garden gate via tumblrbluegate
An ordinary wooden gate can blend into the landscape. Make it pop by painting it a playful color. Create even more impact by repeating that color through your yard.
hage
Gate.jpg.rendition.largest (1)
pale-blue-gate
tumblr_m2d1gbGzfy1qh9jr9o1_500
Take full advantage of all the structures in your landscape to help enhance or create a theme.
moon-gate-in-brief-garden-near-bentota-sri-lanka
Garden-Door-Lulight
garden-gategates3-1
Gate-Wood-Iron-HMG890entrance-in-brief-garden-ff673cec-fd64-434b-b7cb-3ef7aad1cc00
No matter what your style or your taste - whether simple or elaborate, a gate will add beauty, privacy, personality and interest.


Now, check out some amazing Artisan Ironwork pieces.
Yoga_Gate22th
artiscticgates
doublebutterflygatecu
GardenGateInstalled-5-768x1024
Gates-ArchitectureArtDesigns-3
Gates-ArchitectureArtDesigns-13images
last gates

Wouldn’t you love to step in through one of these Garden Gates?
Just imagine what is waiting for you on the other side!


rosegardengate
Heart logo