___________________________________________________________________


decorate like a new englander

Welcome to All in the Detail… I am so glad you are here! 
 
cape-cod-ma
I am always right at home when I am in New England

chautauqua_belltower
My utopia is a small community in upper New York where my family summered each year

newbury-street-boston
I feel at peace when walking the streets of Boston

marthas-vineyard Haven harbour
I have a sense of calm come over me when I'm at Martha’s Vineyard

shopping
Cape Cod is my ultimate shopping destination

333
I feel enlivened when I stroll the streets of New York City

pic68-l
PERFECTION is the sound of water lapping against boats and docks

large_chautlake
If you believe in previous lives, mine has to have been in New England

lobster rolls
I could live on New England-style Lobster Rolls

item1.size.wequassett-resort-and-golf-club-cape-cod-cape-cod-massachusetts-104123-2
Although my visits to the Northeast are far and few between now,
I know that New England is my home away from home.

20090706_142112
So the other day when I ran across a House Beautiful article titled
10 Signs You Decorate Like You Are a New Englander
I just had to check it out and of course, I qualify! … do you?

HistoricNewEnglandLogo
Your home belongs in Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Vermont, Rhode Island, or Connecticut, if:

1 NEW-ENGLAND-DECOR-STYLE
You’re not the stucco or brick house-owning type, it’s strictly shingles and shakes under your roof

lobster brass
You have a brass lobster on your coffee table

lake side party
A lakeside bonfire is your version of a cocktail party

blue and white
You can never have enough blue-and-white porcelain plates

HBX-LL-BEAN-BAG-NEW-ENGLAND-DECOR
You have a closet full of designer bags, but nothing beats your L.L.Bean

HBX-NEW-ENGLAND-DECOR-STYLE-4
The room leading to your back door is called a mudroom… 
that’s where you keep your boots and cut your hydrangeas

HBX-NEW-ENGAND-DECOR-STYLE-7 (1)
In the summer, you kickback in your boathouse between family canoe races

HBX-SIGNS-YOU-DECORATE-NEW-ENGLAND-NORTHEAST-STYLE-3
When you need to meditate, you wrap yourself in a fleece blanket and sit on a dock

Shawn Henderson Residence
Firewood is a winter necessity, but you also embrace it as rustic-chic porch décor

HBX-NEW-ENGLAND-DECOR-STYLE-8Framed pictures of ships… yeah, you have those. 
After all, where exactly did the Mayflower land? That’s right.
new-england-logo
Heart logo