___________________________________________________________________


simply beautiful

Welcome to All in the Detail... I am so glad you are here!




I just happened across these images the other day while searching for something else on the internet (you know, the sad thing is that I don’t even remember what the ‘something else’ thing was once I stumbled across these beauties). I saw these book pages with the illustrations and just became mesmerized by it all.




I have a Question: 
Are these images drawn directly onto these delicate book pages or are they superimposed afterwards? Personally, I hope they are drawn! But, alas, it doesn't seem to be. If you look closely at a few of these pages, they are the same page, just a different illustration on it. It still is beautiful, though.




Do any of you know anything about this method?




It seems that no matter what the subject is, I find it absolutely, simply beautiful, don’t you?











I even found illustrations with a theme:

Alice in Wonderland
A very appropriate theme for this media, don't you think?













And then I found a wonderful selection of Pen and Ink Drawings on Paper by Loui Jover from Australia. (Check out his Facebook page here.) If you notice, these are quite large. Pages have been assembled together to create a canvas in excess of 48 inches high.  I would love to have one of these on my wall.








 Do any of you know any of the artists or sources of this artwork? 
I would love to give credit where credit is due.

I hope you enjoyed this little 'break from reality'.

Have a simply beautiful day.