___________________________________________________________________


a look at the Barefoot Contessa property – her manhattan home

Welcome to All in the Detail... I am so glad you are here!



As I have mentioned many, many times before: I have a ‘thing’ for houses….
I have movies that I love BECAUSE OF THE HOUSE
I have television shows that I love BECAUSE OF THE HOUSE, and ok, I will admit it…
I have people I love BECAUSE OF THEIR HOUSE (if I love their house – how could I NOT love them, right?)

Well, one of my all-time favorite properties has to be Ina Garten’s home in East Hampton. You can join me on a backstage pass tour of her East Hampton home, garden and ‘The Barn’. It's earthy, elegant, simple, and oh so Ina. Are you as excited as me?

Plus, as an added bonus, here we visit her past Manhattan Co-Op Apartment that is on the market.

Well, come to find out, she also has a current residence in Manhattan. She just recently purchased a two-bedroom apartment at the corner of Park Avenue and 62nd Street in Manhattan for $4.65 million. The couple purchased it from former Travel + Leisure editor-in-chief Nancy Novogrod and her husband John, an attorney (can you even imagine?)

According to the listing, the pre-war apartment in "impeccable, move-in condition" features a 36-by-19-foot living room with 10-foot ceilings and a wood-burning fireplace, "a magnificent, ultra-chic, almost-square corner library, also with a fireplace," and two bedrooms (the master has a fireplace, too). The recently renovated kitchen is "perfect for an enthusiastic cook." Sounds like it's met its match, huh?


The following photos are courtesy of Town and Country Magazine
(one of my favorite magazines)



The large living room has four windows along east 62nd Street.
Oh my goodness, be still my heart!




Built-in bookshelves in the library, which has a corner view.
...and those bookshelves, I could die!




...and the piece of resistance - 
Here's where the Contessa will be cooking.




And sleeping.




The dining room connects to the foyer and living room.




The living room's 10-foot ceilings make the apartment feel airy.




What a beautiful place to call home (when in NYC, of course)
for a beautiful couple.