Welcome to All in the Detail… I am so glad you are here!
Easy projects can freshen up your home & be inexpensive, too
Here is a really important and inexpensive tip…
Stop Buying Commercial Glass Cleaner –
Make Your Own
You will be surprised how much money you save! *And forget about the vinegar and newspaper trick - yeah, my mother swore by it too but guess what - it really doesn’t ‘clean’ the glass very well and it definitely leaves streaks!
Inexpensive, Foul-Proof ‘No-Streak Glass Cleaner’ Recipe
- 1/4 cup white vinegar (apple cider vinegar will work as well)
- 1/4 cup isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch (the cornstarch reduces streaking)
- 2 cups water
1. Combine everything in a spray bottle
2. Shake well to mix each time since the cornstarch might clog up your spray nozzle otherwise.
3. Spray onto glass surface and wipe clean.
Use microfiber cloths or rags to wipe your surfaces clean. Do not use paper towels since they leave lint and are more wasteful & expensive.
Label your bottle so you know what it is each time you reach for it.