___________________________________________________________________


snow

Welcome to All in the Detail... I am so glad you are here!





Winter-snow-flakes
Oh the weather outside is frightful
But the fire is so delightful
And since we've no place to go
Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!
It doesn't show signs of stopping
And I've bought some corn for popping
The lights are turned way down low
Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!
When we finally kiss good night
How I'll hate going out in the storm!
But if you'll really hold me tight
All the way home I'll be warm
The fire is slowly dying
And, my dear, we're still goodbying
But as long as you love me so
Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!
Let It Snow is a song written by lyricist Sammy Cahn and composer Jule Styne in July 1945. It was written in Hollywood, California during one of the hottest days on record. 
Go figure, right?
snow in the sunshine
Fast forward to January 2014, SNOW still seems to be the hot topic of conversation (no pun intended… well maybe just a little).  Right now, it’s all about snow, snow, snow… seems like everywhere in the country, all you’re hearing is the word “SNOW”.  Well, I grew up in that white, powdery precipitation (double digit footage of the stuff) and trust me, it’s no picnic to live in! How does the saying go: “It’s a nice place to visit, but I wouldn’t want to live there”? Well, the same goes for snow… it’s a beautiful picture to see but I don’t want to live in it.  That’s a pro of living in the South… I don’t have to live in it and I barely ever see it outside my door. However, my thoughts and prayers do go out to everyone that is living in this heavy blanket of snow that is lying across our country. If you do have to go out in this, please be safe!
Snowman As I said, it is a beautiful picture. So instead of getting out in all of that mess… the slush, the salt, the cold, let’s just stay right here in the warmth of our rooms, in front of our computer screens and take a look at some beautiful images of snow, what do you say?
FirstSnow PARIS IN THE WINTER
snowy Paris Still beautiful, isn’t it?


snowTruly hard to believe that each one is completely individual!
snow 1

snow covered path  Snow covered roads are such a beautiful sight…
snow-wallpaperbut very treacherous to maneuver!
… unless you have one of these!

script snowSnow can leave a lasting impress (especially with impressions left in the snow!)
snowy angel
heart in snow
i-hate-snowI had to add this photo for my sister. For as long as I can remember, she had a vanity car license plate “SNOW H8R” – because she does!
Winter-Season-Snow-Trees-Red-Bridges
central parkAlthough it is most likely one of the coldest places in the country, New York City is always one of the most beautiful places in the Winter months. *Especially Central Park.
snowy night


Now, isn’t that so much nicer than getting all bundled up and traipsing out in that snow?
ChristmasStorySnowsuit1