___________________________________________________________________


30-day challenge: a reward for completion of week four


CONGRATULATIONS!
After the completion of another successful week of getting organized, it's time to pamper yourself with another wonderful treat. I usually assign a Challenge on the last day of the week but… since we went shopping yesterday and shopping can really take it out of you (wink)… I am going to give you a day of rest to just sit and enjoy the following treat.
I wish I could prepare this for you; first, because it would be a relaxing treat made just for you and second, because I LOVE to eat this treat…. yum! We would sit down with a great frozen margarita and chat about our week... but alas, we can only visit via internet. So, please leave me a comment or email me and let me hear about your week of organization!  Now, on to the reward - another yummy (and easy) treat.
clip_image002
BLACK EYED PEA SALSA
Ingredients
  • 15 oz can black eyed peas, rinse and drained
  • 1 medium red pepper, finely diced
  • 2 T white or green onion, finely chopped
  • 1 T parsley flakes
  • 1 T cilantro, chopped
  • 1 tsp jalapeno chilies, chopped 
  • 2 T oil
  • 2 T red wine vinegar
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Directions
Mix ingredients together well, cover and marinate overnight.
Serve with tortilla chips (I prefer Xochitl Salted Tortilla Chips).

Please let me know what you think of the recipe!
Again, CONGRATULATIONS!